Part-Time Phone & Order Support - CLOSED
Buffalo Lumber is a 3rd party internet retailer specializing in custom milled and factory finished wood siding. We represent several lumber mills and deliver to customers across the US and Canada.
Your Primary role will be phone support. There will also be additional Lead support tasks from tracking samples to reviewing lead emails for distribution to the salesreps.
The position is part-time 10 hours a week plus possible 2-5 hours a week more as needed. There will periodically be a need for full time work to cover team member sick days or vacation weeks.
Our contact page is the only place on the site where our phone and email are available. The reason for this is to funnel everyone to one place so we can explain that we custom mill to order and do not carry inventory and have a minimum order requirement http://www.buffalo-lumber.com/CONTACT
We are not a shopping cart. All potential customers call to schedule consultation. You will learn to field questions, do initial pre-qualification and enter potential customer’s consultation details into our online lead database.
What your Day looks Like
You will be part of our in-house personalized call center which qualifies all lead calls, collects specific project, location and contact information then schedules same or next day appointments for project consultations. Our main customer base is East Coast and most consultations will be scheduled 8am – 4pm EST
We use a hands free headset and skype business service for calling outside phone lines. This also allows you to do this job with laptop and headset anywhere they have high speed internet.
It is actually pretty fun and we have a great support team. We are very progressive in the way we do things and our lead management system is excellent. The software handles everything from lead to quote to follow up to contract to mill cut sheet to invoice to BOL (Bill of Lading). But you will have to process a lot of emails and a lot of details on the journey from lead to order.
You must have Microsoft Office experience plus excellent phone and email skills. This is an independent contractor position. A business license may be required.
- Good voice with excellent phone presence
- Good writing skills with email experience
- Attention to detail and very thorough
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office, Email, Docs, online search, typing
- Willing to learn our products and business
- Willing to learn our email protocols and quote software system
- Patience with the internet customer buying a product they cannot tire kick
System requirements to remote into our private computer network:
- Computer with windows 10
- High-speed, broadband connection to the internet
- At least one monitor 22in+ (min 1680x1050 resolution) a 2nd monitor may be required later
- Headset (we can provide recommendations)
- Comfortable Chair
- Skype ID
What the job looks like
We are a small, tight-knit team and use skype IM to communicate throughout the day and skype video to meet 2 times a week to review order status with sales.
We use email and online project management tools to track every order step. We have full-time computer and software support. And full-time order support to answer questions and provide assistance when transit issues arise.
This is a part-time telecommuting job Monday through Friday from 12:30 – 2:30pm EST. A regular full time work day is 8AM – 6PM with an hour lunch break.
Additional adhoc phone coverage hours may be requested but that will all be worked out with you directly and posted on our online calendar. We currently need full time coverage for one week in mid-November and two weeks in January.
There will be paid training that we would like to start by November 4th. We can work around your schedule up until the 18th when we will need that week of coverage.
Are We a Match?
What we are looking for:
Excellent communicator with computer and writing skills
- Warm on the phone with customers and vendors
- Proactive personality, willing to learn what it takes to assure customer satisfaction
- Comfortable with computers; email, outlook, search
- Comfortable with basic computer stuff; copy/paste, pdf snapshots, professional looking emails
What we offer:
- Work from home, 2-3 hr day, no weekends, no travel
- Computer, email and technical support
- Supportive team environment
If you have read this far you are ahead of the game! Please email your resume to email@example.com and include a paragraph outlining how you will be a great fit for our support position.
We look forward to meeting you!
Buffalo Lumber Team